Saturday, February 28, 2009

yet another saturday morning

had training at east coast again this morning. it was suppose to be a hard/PB 10k run to build confidence for sing bi next week. started off with nic and zhenghong, with all 3 of us aiming for the 40-41min mark.

we went off quite fast at what felt like a 1:30 to 1:35 / 400m pace. i paced behind the two from bedok jetty till the turn about where somehow i took the lead with the other 2 pacing off me. by the time we hit the turn about at NSRCC, nic was a couple of metres ahead with zh and i chasing. then nic turned on his turbo and he just got faster and faster (or zh and i getting slower?) with the dist opening up, zh and i just hung on and kept chasing. hitting the sailing centre, i could feel my body fading, and zh overtook me with ease and built up a good lead. that kinda broke me and i was simply hanging on from that point onwards.

seeing bedok jetty (the end point) from a distance did not help. in my mind i was thinking, "o my tian, that is still so far away!" it was all a matter of mind over body and just keeping the rythm to finish off.

managed to finish in 41:53. a personal best for sure (last one being 42:04) but i wasnt really happy with how i faded so badly at the end. still, hope that i would fare better next week, my ability to be able to recover quickly from a swim play a part, and fulfil the "potential" that the others in the team see in me.

team wildcard, jiayou!

No comments: