Thursday, February 19, 2009

when the O2 doesn't come in

did track intervals today. For some reason i couldnt breathe properly. there was that feeling that i had something stuck in my throat, and i had to keep spitting.

the 1st 400m zebin and i did a 1:27 (too fast! zy shouted) at 800m it was 3:01. then from there onwards we were increasing the time taken. i think zebin realised that i was slowing him down, so by the 7th lap he hit his turbo button and ran nicolas down and went off on his usual madman pace.

but slowly and surely, i was dying. i wasnt even thinking much, only knew that my time for each lap was increasing and increasing, and no matter how much i pushed, i couldnt get my 100% out. i lost count of the laps i did, so i just watched nic, and stopped when he did, only to realise he had stopped 2 rounds early. so since i stopped i had no strength to continue to finish off the last 800m. not too pleased but i know i had put in quite a bit of my limited effort for the 5.2k

did a few more intervals of 400m and 800m, pushing myself to finish them. it was a good feeling.

i remembered that during the sprint time trial i did 2 weeks back i really pushed myself hard (so hard that i inflamed some cartilage that protected my lungs), and today i hit nowhere near that feeling. i just wasnt able to take in enough oxygen to push myself to my race pace. but i take comfort in the fact that i have always performed better in a race. maybe it's the adrenaline, or the psyche, i dunno. i just hope that whatever it is will carry me through sing bi and nie bi.

anyway nice seeing jul at the track today! even though i wasnt able to tell it was him when i ran past him cause i was too busy killing myself running.hahahaha...

3 more days till the end of my over-reaching week. i can do it!

No comments: