Tuesday, June 21, 2011

mid season review

Well, this has been kinda overdue, considering I usually do it after the IVP season. Guess I've been too busy mugging for exams to do it.

Had a pretty good first half season. Started a little rocky with me having to get back used to swimming in a 50m pool (compared with the short course ones in the States), plus running in the heat and humidity.

My focus this year was to race mostly the short-course circuits, doing mostly OD races, after all the LongD races I did last year.

My first race SingBi. For me it ws kinda a revenge race cause I got jelly-fish-ed last year. This was a chance for me to whow what I could do this time. Had to race under Lincoln's name though cause my race registration was screwed up. I got to rock my bright green speedos and top this year!
Finished 7th
singbi

3oldies
3 lao jiaos

Represented Soon Watt for OCBC cycl60km next. The whole aim was to finish without crashing. I achieved that (can't say the same for Mave and Tek though) and I was pretty pleased with the performance. My time-trialling skills brought all the small packs back together into the peloton. Alot of people got me to thank for.
ocbc

Next was the SMU-organised Waikiki sprint (750m swim 5k run)
came in 2nd after getting my ass handed to me by NTU's Henry on the swim, then putting more time into me in the run. Gave me a very good idea what the competition was for this season.
waikiki

Then was the one race that I was aiming to ace for this part of the season. I trained specifically for this by running the NUS BI run route over and over again for weeks. I put in more hours on the swim as well, and I stayed off the bike almost totally for this period of time. I had a fantastic PB 800m swim, then managed to hold Mok off for most of the run till bout 1k+ to go. It almost ended in a sprint finish with Henry but the lead from my swim and the run training all paid off as I crossed the line 4s ahead of him. Once again we won the Overall Tertiary title for the countless year running. I clinched second, behind Mok, but in what I like to call "Best of the Rest".  Heh =p
ivpswim

ivprun

nusbi

but I think of all the things I won this year, the best one did not invlove any crossing of a finish line of any sorts.
best
see you in 2 days

No comments: