Tuesday, December 1, 2009

mind made up

i've decided. i will not run stan chart this sunday.

reasons being:

1) dun want to worsen my shin splint into a stress fracture. let's take it easy now so that i can build my base for next season =)

2) minimal training. rather than do a sub-par marathon, i should be patient and then aim for another marathon where i can actually perform.

3) if i want to take this whole endurance sport thing seriously, then i should take the signals that my body is giving me seriously too.

4) next year's aviva, sing bi, ivp, and frankfurt.

cheers to me. i'm growing up. =D

i still want to thank my sponsors for stan chart. rubicon (a head hunting firm) and huggs (coffee and sandwich cafe) for the running top and shorts. sorry i will not be able to represent you all in the marathon. i will be there to support and wait for u guys to cross the finish line though!

now to find someone i can borrow a camera from..........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good decision. key to improvement is consistency, key to consistency is to avoid injury. all the best for 2010!

Justin said...

I'm glad you made this decision dude. Know it's a hard one to make. Been praying for you, especially yesterday.

We'll wear your colours proud and smile when we see your camera. Just don't mind the long wait the the finish line k? I'll try to get there before the cows come home.

Get well soon man!

dinahsaur said...

goooood thinking jon ma! think for the future (:

ich said...

i like your reason(3) best!!
Then I shouldn't run this Sunday too.

Take care Jon Ma :)

josh said...

Taicho and I will run for you :)